What can I say about time and kids that doesn't sound dumb and cliche? Nothing that hasn't been said before, so all I'll say is: GAH! TWO YEARS! That baby I gave birth to isn't a baby anymore, but a walking talking bundle of energy that doesn't nap and has learned that how to open & close doors. Which, by the way, is terrifying.
Since his birthday I have had the chance to reflect on all the things that have changed. Not just basic things like his height or weight, but the less noticeable things. Things like:
- I'm not surprised or upset when I'm at work and find snot, avocado, and juice on my clothes.
- Dry shampoo and Downy Wrinkler Releaser are the two most used items in my house.
- My little independent spirit just isn't going to want to snuggle when I want to snuggle (or ever) and that is okay.
- Sometimes the plain no-seam nylon panties are just as sexy as the lacy satin panties.
- Spoiling my appetite with Girl Scout cookies while cooking the family dinner is totally a thing that happens.
Most of all I am in awe with the amount of love I have for this sweet boy. Honestly I have no idea how he fills my hearts up more each day. There are times my breath catches in my chest and my heart clinches and stops, and I am almost completely overwhelmed. It is a scary and wonderful feeling. One I look forward to feeling again and again as he keeps growing.